For more than 60 years, Meridian Medical Technologies, LLC has been manufacturing more tomorrows with development, production, and commercialization of acute and chronic care pharmaceuticals administered through advanced, proprietary auto-injector technology.
As one of the few companies in the world offering both sterile filling and auto-injector capabilities, our mission is to be the premier contract development and manufacturing organization for complex sterile drug products and the ideal strategic partner for the health security, emergency response, and pharmaceutical industries.
We serve commercial and government sector customers all over the globe, providing reliable end-to-end combination product support from development through commercialization.
Our vertically integrated services cover everything from ideation to scaling and qualifying all analytical methods to clinical and commercial process development through to assembly, inspection, testing, packaging, and providing all CMC information for regulatory filing.
Meridian has the expertise to support the full spectrum of different qualifications required to produce your complex combination products to the very highest quality and viability standards. Our St. Louis, Missouri-area facilities in Brentwood and Westport comprise over 800 colleagues in 225,000 square feet, producing more than 12 million products annually.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in St. Louis, Missouri, with an additional facility established in Columbia, Maryland, offering primary business functions of research and development, marketing and sales, and various other supporting functions.
Our Brentwood and Westport facilities provide you with the following equipment and capabilities to fulfill your end-to-end complex combination product needs:
- One 11 mm cartridge filler, RABS controls
- One 13 mm cartridge filler, RABS controls
- One multi-chamber basic unit filler, RABS controls
- Two Steris and one SBM Autoclaves
- One needle diaphragm assembly machine (aseptic processing)
- Two 11 mm glass auto-injector assembly lines
- Automated visual inspection (glass)
- Controlled substance manufacturing
- Formulation volumes up to 400 L, glass-lined vessels
- Aseptic processing
- Manual and automated visual inspection capabilities
- 18,000 sq ft aseptic manufacturing facility
- One Grade C formulation suite
- Three Grade A filling rooms
- 40,000 sq ft packaging and inspection
- 70,000 sq ft warehouse
- 20,000 sq ft laboratory capability including ADL, RML, chem lab, QDS, micro and EC labs
- Methods Development, in-process & micro laboratories